January 12th, 2021
Hunt Heroes Foundation Offering Thousands of Dollars in Scholarship Grants For Military Service Members and Their Dependents
January 12, 2021-- Hunt Heroes Foundation, the non-profit organization founded by Hunt Military Communities (Hunt), is excited to announce it has recently started accepting applications for its third annual HHF scholarship grants. Hunt will award $40,000 to deserving applicants.
Applicants to the Hunt Heroes Foundation Scholarship Program must be:
- A high school senior or high school graduate or a current post-secondary undergraduate at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational school or a trade school student; or
- Planning to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school for the entire upcoming academic year
A qualified applicant must be one of the following:
- An active-duty Service Member, National Guard or Reservist of one of the five branches of the United States Armed Services (Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard) and with current military identification provided to HHF if selected as a recipient; or
- A dependent of a Service Member (spouse, or child), prepared to provide documentation of dependent status to HHF if selected as a recipient by providing (a) birth certificate; (b) custody or guardianship order from a court with authority; and/or (c) marriage certificate; and be
○ Dependent children are defined as natural and legally adopted children or stepchildren living in the employee's household or primarily supported by the employee.
"We understand the challenges many families are facing during these difficult times and are happy to be able to support the ongoing education of military members and their families," stated John Ehle, Hunt Military Communities’ President. "Due to the generous donations we received this year, we are able to recognize 15 recipients and award $40,000 total in scholarship grants in 2021. With the support of our donors, Hunt Heroes Foundation is able to continue to provide resources to the military community and we will continue to grow the program each year to support as many people as possible."
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive an award ranging from $1,000 to $5,000. Up to 15 awards will be granted as follows:
- Four $5,000 awards for 2-year associates program or 4-year undergraduate studies.
- Six $2,500 awards for vocational-technical programs or certificates, 2-year associates program or 4-year undergraduate studies program, and
- Five $1,000 awards for vocational-technical programs or certificates, 2-year associates program or 4-year undergraduate studies program.
Scholarship recipients will be selected based on community involvement, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, work experience, statement of goals and aspirations, unusual personal or family circumstances, an outside appraisal, and two (300 words or less) essays responding to the following questions:
- How has being a part of the military or part of a military family affected your life?
- What would you like to change in your community, and how would you do it?
Scholarship America, a third party independent consultant, will coordinate, evaluate, and select the scholarship recipients. All scholarships must be filled out online at: https://learnmore.scholarsapply.org/huntheroesscholarship
The deadline to submit a nomination is March 4, 2021 at 3 pm CST or until 50 applications are received, whichever comes first. For questions or issues with the scholarship process, nominees are encouraged to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Hunt Heroes Foundation
Formed in 2018, the Hunt Heroes Foundation proudly serves military families, partners and communities through opportunities and ideas generated by our people and partnerships. Together, the HHF will discover new ways to ensure we help bring a positive change to the communities in which we live and work
About Hunt Military Communities
Hunt Military Communities, the largest military housing owner, offers unsurpassed quality and service to more than 165,000 residents in approximately 52,000 homes on Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Army installations across the USA. We do this through our core values: safety, kindness, efficiency, enthusiasm and selflessness and our 5-Star Service commitment. With a 50-year legacy and a partnership with the Department of Defense, Hunt strives to ensure the integrity of our military communities and the families who live there. For more information, visit www.huntmilitarycommunities.com.